Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 4 - Ever!

March 4, 1995

March 4th is a very important day in the Balentine home. It represents the beginning of an amazing journey into what is now our precious family. 14 years ago today, Da Hubby and I took the plunge and got married on a very rainy and cold March afternoon. It was such an amazing day and I still remember the feeling of being week in the knees when the doors opened and there were all my friends and family waiting for me to walk down the aisle. I also remember locking eyes with my future hubby and everyone else disappearing. Nothing mattered more to me than being able to spend the rest of my life with him. (sigh)

We had such a crazy wedding party! I have to laugh looking back at my wedding photos because the men had just as much hair as the women (My man included - don't laugh - mullets used to be kewl....used to be.) But, that's what you get when you marry a musician.


Wow, hunter green bridesmaids dresses. Lover-ly! At least they could wear them other places! OK, so maybe not. :)

14 years seems like a long time and even though it feels like we have been together forever, it also feels like we just got married yesterday. I was so young! We were so much in love. And we still are. I am so grateful to be married to such an awesome man, and though we have had our share of the good, the bad, and the ugly, we were truly made for each other. He's my "Lobster." (Go watch Friends.)

March 4th is also the anniversary of our first date 17 years ago. I was 18 and he was 24. I will never forget the face my father made when he walked in the door. LOL!! Umm. Shock and disbelief might be a little understated for the expression. I always brought home clean cut lawyer, military, or stock broker types. This long haired, bass playing rock musician was MUCH different than my usual type. I think "hood" was the exact word that my dad used. But, my "hood" loved Jesus and was the most wonderful blessing God could have given me.

Have I told you that the man makes me laugh!! If you know my precious man then you know what I am talking about. We laugh all the time and life is certainly never boring with him around. Seriously, he is the ONLY person in the world who can make me laugh so hard that I snort! He keeps me young and skinny. (Well, sort of.)

So, Happy Anniversary, Bud-EE!!! I love, love, love you! I am so blessed to married to you and look forward to everyday that we have 4-Ever!!
With all my of love, chocolate pudding, and big hair,
Me2

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!! How completely wonderful! I pray many many more years of bliss and love are to come!

Hugs.. Amy

Anonymous said...

Cool! Congrats (a little late)! Now, on to the next 100 years!