Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birfday, Peepadee!

So, today is my baby girl's birfday. I am so bewildered at how fast the five years have past since she arrived. I have been in quite a denial lately because as much as it warms my heart to see my kids grow, I also grasp the fact that they won't be little forever.

I LOVE having kids. I LOVE having boys and girls. Perri is my miracle baby. We struggled through several years of infertility and then fertility treatments to get pregnant with our boys. At the age of 3 1/2, Daylor asked for prayer for his baby sister during a his Sunday School class one morning in January of 2003. His teacher, knowing he only had a baby brother, asked if he meant to be praying for Duglin. Daylor told her that God had told him his mommy was going to be having a girl soon. (Goosebumps!) She caught my arm when I came to pick Daylor up after church and gave my a twinkly smile. "When's the baby due?" I was slightly offended! I mean, I know I just had a baby 10 months ago, but did I really look that fat?

I guess from the look at my face, she knew that I wasn't pregnant and proceeded to share with me what Daylor had said during prayer time. I laughed at the thought of having another baby. Duglin was 10 months and just getting out a VERY colicky start and I had just started my cycles back a month prior (I know- TMI. Sorry, that's just me!) Anyway, "Nope. No baby girl," I told her.

Hmmmph, slap my tush and call me Sarah! I was pregnant in 2 months! 35 weeks later we had ourselves a baby girl! She is such a blessing and I am so grateful for the balance she brings to our home. So here are a few of the bazillions of pictures we have of her. I hope you enjoy this little walk down Memory Lane.

Happy Birthday, Perri! We love you, baby girl!

Click to play Perri is Five!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Abbie Johnson said...

how funny is it that your story (struggles, two boys) is the same as ours...and then comes a girly SURPRISE!! I don't know that Noah prayed for a sister, but he loves her just the same. Happy Birthday.

jennifer said...

oh little pooey. we love you so!

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday, Perri! Love from Texas.